The Biomimetics Sciences Institute promotes a vision of nature as a guide and mentor for the construction of a future based on sustainable progress, according to three basic principles:
- Work to improve the quality of life of people with respect for other living beings.
- Promote a new generation of research from nature.
- Facilitate and accredit the design and development of biomimetic inspired ideas and projects.
The biomimetic inspiration in creative processes and innovative projects, as well as providing a clear added value, highlights the commitment of companies and entities to sustainability by incorporating into their actions a perspective that takes into account the complex interrelations that occur between natural, economic and social ecosystems.
The Institute watches, in this sense, for the quality and coherence of these projects, providing advice to products, developments and research projects that meet these criteria.
The principles of governance that inspire the Institute make a bioinspired model visible, based on the maintenance of the harmony of a system in which all parties maintain a high level of interdependence. Their values, as a result, correspond to this model:
- Be aware that, essentially, we are nature
- Generate consistent links between ecosystems
- Respect natural balances in our activities
- Full opening in our activities and relationships